Alert to all Strollers. Due to the weather forecast for Sunday 29 October the Walk Leader, in consultation with the Club Organizer, has decided to abandon the scheduled excursion to Kyparissia. In its place, the club plans to hike tomorrow at Stavrovouni, and invites all to participate. We set off for the car drive from the Handicrafrs Centre at 9:45 am. We aim to start hiking at 10:45 am. Read the detailed instructions for Stavrovouni in the Activities Description section. Read a forecast for the weather expected north of Stavrovouni here https://weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/l/CYXX0662:1:CY. Read a forecast for the weather expected south of Stavrovouni here https://weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/l/CYXX0629:1:CY. In short, at time of writing, the hourly weather forecast is “mostly sunny/ partly cloudy”, with probability of precipitation 0%, becoming 10-15% at 2 pm. If you have registered for Kyparissia and would like to abstain from Stavrovouni, please feel free to do so, sending an sms to the Club Organizer. If you had planned to abstain from Kyparissia and wish to join us at Stavrovouni, feel welcome, sending an sms to the Club Organizer. Lunch after the Stavrovouni hike will be at a taverna we have visited and appreciated on previous occasions.
Hello and welcome back, after your summer break. The Cyprus Strollers are ready to kick-off their 7th season of operation. Please visit the Activities Schedule section on http://cyprus-strollers.org, to view, download and study the program of weekly hiking activities for October, November and December 2017. For any activity that catches your attention, please visit the Activities Description section on http://cyprus-strollers.org to view, download and read a complete set of instructions.
Lots of new and exciting things are happening, and here are a few highlights:
- There are 12 excursions scheduled
- of these, 5 are either entirely new or hikes containing new aspects
- There are 7 different Walk Leaders, who are responsible for leading the Cyprus Strollers on these 12 activities; this represents a great accomplishment, and is a clear sign of the true hiking spirit, a spirit of togetherness, sharing and giving
- please join me in applauding Ian, Laurent, Yiannis, Christos, Stella with Teddy, and Patrick, the Walk Leaders for October – December 2017, alongside Xenophon
- We are offering two linear trails where we shall not walk back to the starting point, because it would make hiking too long and arduous; inadvertently, this calls for special driving arrangements and registering in advance; please study the instructions very carefully and abide by them, respecting the organizers’ efforts and other participants
- We start at high altitudes in October, in anticipation of warmer weather, and move to lower altitudes in December, when cold and rain are more likely
- We set off driving from Nicosia at 9:45, but the first four excursions in October have an earlier start.
Furthermore, some things remain unchanged, and characterize the Cyprus Strollers as a unique hiking club; among them:
- Commitment to first-class planning and organization
- Excursions alternate between Saturdays and Sundays, thus appealing to more people
- Dedicated website, fully informed, well in advance, in English
- Our caring, multinational character; we are open to Strollers of any nationality, both permanent residents, as well as visitors to the island
- Shared passion for hiking and enjoying the Cyprus countryside, in pleasant company
- Well-chosen tavernas, serving us very good value meals at reasonable prices, because we honour them with our loyalty.
The Cyprus Strollers are committed to “Hiking made Pleasant”, our slogan. Please help us to carry on delivering on this promise, with your valuable contribution.
Thank you and enjoy the many walks in store. Xenophon
At the doorstep of our 7th Season of Activities, commencing 1st October 2017, the Cyprus Strollers take a look at the 6 memorable Seasons past, and cheerfully declare our performance in numbers:
902 kilometres walked
293 hours of hiking
We take the opportunity to extend our thanks to all Strollers who have contributed to this accomplishment. Come back to this website on September 4, to read and download the Activities Schedule for October – December 2017, and discover Hiking made Pleasant and the many thrills it brings.
If you are inspired to add a comment to this message, please write your comment here, for all to read.
Today’s hike is canceled, owing to the weather forecast of thunderstorms. The same weather is forecast for tomorrow, Sunday. Apologies to members who had planned to attend. The decision was taken in consultation with the walk Leader. Join us next Sunday at Cape Greco https://cyprus-strollers.org/activities-description/cape-greco-konnos-bay-circular-walk-and-cyclops-cave-walk-sunday-19-march/
The Cyprus Strollers welcome the New Year and wish every Stroller and every follower health, peace and many pleasant hikes in 2017. The new Schedule for the January – May 2017 is published; you may download and study it here https://cyprus-strollers.org/activities-schedule/. There are 20 excursions planned, of which 6 are new; there are 6 walk Leaders in charge, of which 2 are new! Join us on 7 January for the start of the 6th season at Oroklini https://cyprus-strollers.org/activities-description/larnaca-oroklini-dhekelia-coastline-walk-sat-7-jan/.
The 5th Season of the Cyprus Strollers is looming in the horizon. There are thrills and sensations galore. You may download and study the new Schedule of Activities for October – December 2016 here https://cyprus-strollers.org/activities-schedule/. It is worth highlighting that 9 out of the 12 activities can be described as New. The term New means either an entirely new trail, or one which presents variations versus our earlier visits, or one which we have not walked for over two years. Join the Cyprus Strollers if you too feel passionate about Hiking made Pleasant!
Best wishes to you, for health, joy and prosperity in 2016. The Cyprus Strollers have uploaded the Schedule for the new season January – May 2016, which you are invited to visit and download. We have scheduled 20 activities for the 5 months, of which 10 are to new destinations. Visit also the Activities Description section and download a complete set of instructions for any excursion that you select.