Hello and welcome back, after your summer break. The Cyprus Strollers are ready to kick-off their 7th season of operation. Please visit the Activities Schedule section on http://cyprus-strollers.org, to view, download and study the program of weekly hiking activities for October, November and December 2017. For any activity that catches your attention, please visit the Activities Description section on http://cyprus-strollers.org to view, download and read a complete set of instructions.
Lots of new and exciting things are happening, and here are a few highlights:
- There are 12 excursions scheduled
- of these, 5 are either entirely new or hikes containing new aspects
- There are 7 different Walk Leaders, who are responsible for leading the Cyprus Strollers on these 12 activities; this represents a great accomplishment, and is a clear sign of the true hiking spirit, a spirit of togetherness, sharing and giving
- please join me in applauding Ian, Laurent, Yiannis, Christos, Stella with Teddy, and Patrick, the Walk Leaders for October – December 2017, alongside Xenophon
- We are offering two linear trails where we shall not walk back to the starting point, because it would make hiking too long and arduous; inadvertently, this calls for special driving arrangements and registering in advance; please study the instructions very carefully and abide by them, respecting the organizers’ efforts and other participants
- We start at high altitudes in October, in anticipation of warmer weather, and move to lower altitudes in December, when cold and rain are more likely
- We set off driving from Nicosia at 9:45, but the first four excursions in October have an earlier start.
Furthermore, some things remain unchanged, and characterize the Cyprus Strollers as a unique hiking club; among them:
- Commitment to first-class planning and organization
- Excursions alternate between Saturdays and Sundays, thus appealing to more people
- Dedicated website, fully informed, well in advance, in English
- Our caring, multinational character; we are open to Strollers of any nationality, both permanent residents, as well as visitors to the island
- Shared passion for hiking and enjoying the Cyprus countryside, in pleasant company
- Well-chosen tavernas, serving us very good value meals at reasonable prices, because we honour them with our loyalty.
The Cyprus Strollers are committed to “Hiking made Pleasant”, our slogan. Please help us to carry on delivering on this promise, with your valuable contribution.
Thank you and enjoy the many walks in store. Xenophon